One of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make when dealing with your yard is what to do with the trees on your property. Sometimes trees develop problems that may or may not require you to remove them. In cases like these, you’ll want to contact a tree removal service in Waltham, MA. Before you do that, though, there are some things for you to consider:
- Location, location, location: Where the tree is located will have a major impact on your available options. If the tree is in natural areas where it won’t affect anyone or any property, it can be allowed to die naturally. However, if it’s located near the home or in a place frequented by people, you’ll want to contact a tree removal service in Waltham, MA. This is especially true if the tree has structural defects or is leaning to one side.
- Health of the three: Trees live very long lives, and a dying tree can live for years without issues. These trees will have odd appearances and other visible signs of health issues. The signs include (but are not limited to) dead branches, misshapen leaves sprouting from the base of the tree and fungus near the base. These issues don’t always mean the tree is dying. A certified arborist or tree removal service in Waltham, MA can help diagnose the root of the issue. A tree with more than 50 percent damage should be dealt with as soon as possible.
- Tree type: Some trees are more desirable than others. Others have characteristics that make them more dangerous when dying. These include trees that have weak wood that’s prone to breaking, shallow roots and vulnerability to diseases or insects. You can check the species of your trees and their vulnerabilities online or by consulting with an arborist.
- Root of the issue: A tree’s roots can have an impact on whether to remove it. A tree with shallow roots may be more prone to leaning and even falling over. Shallow roots can develop if a tree grew up on rock ledges or near a body of water. If 50 percent of the tree’s root system has been destroyed, you should immediately contact a tree removal service in Waltham, MA to get rid of the tree.
- History of the tree: A tree’s history also plays a role in what to do with it. Pruning can sometimes cause problems later, especially if the workers followed the practice of “topping” the tree. This breaks the regrowth of the tree. Changes to the soil or the amount of sunlight the tree gets can also overstress the tree, causing irreparable damage. Keeping track of your trees’ history can be an important part of keeping them healthy. Catching early signs of stress can help save a tree if treated properly.
Treelex is a complete tree care provider. We’ve been offering tree removal service to Waltham, MA and the surrounding areas for years. Our expert arborists can give you professional advice on how best to properly care for and manage your trees. We can help treat sick and withered looking trees and, if they’re too far gone, help safely remove them. Contact us for a free estimate!
Categorised in: Tree Removal